Specialist Vehicle Insurance & Motor Breakdown | 2Gether Insurance

Frequently asked questions

Questions. Frequently asked ones. Plus our answers. If you can't find what you're looking for, you can always contact us with your enquiry.

Motor Vehicle Insurance

Do you offer monthly payment options?
Yes. As well as being able to pay your insurance premium in full, we also offer a range of monthly payment plans, allowing you to spread the cost.
Do I need to return any paperwork?
When you took out your policy with 2Gether, you would have been notified of any paperwork that you were required to return, as a condition of your insurance policy. The specific paperwork that we require varies depending on your details and also the insurance company you are with. If you need any assistance in completing your paperwork please don't hesitate to call us on 01945 465508 option 5.
How do I return my paperwork?
Your paperwork is to be returned to us using our online facility. This can be found here. Alternatively you can post your documentation to:

2Gether Insurance Ltd
Exchange Square
PE13 1RA

Do you need my driving licence details?
This depends on the insurance company your policy is with. If we do need your driving license details, as of 8th June 2015, this is now provided via the My License and Share My License government portal. This can be found by clicking here.
How do I change the details on my policy?
If you are looking to make an adjustment to your insurance policy, whether a change of address, increase your mileage or change your vehicle, you can do so by calling us on 01945 465508 option 3.
What happens when my insurance is due for renewal?
2Gether will automatically search its panel of providers for the best possible price around 3 weeks prior to your renewal date. We will then contact you to provide this quotation and to also see if any of your needs have changed.
Will you automatically renew my policy?
No. As above, we will inform you approximately 3 weeks before your renewal as to the best price we can offer for the forthcoming year. The decision then as to whether you wish to renew is up to yourself. If you wish to proceed with the renewal, simply call us on 01945 465508 option 4 where we will be able to assist, else your policy will automatically lapse.

Motor Breakdown Insurance

What is the phone number if I breakdown?
In the event of a breakdown please call us on 01945 586228, or if you are in Europe, +44 1945 586222.
Do you issue policy cards?
As over 95% of our policies are bought online we do not issue policy cards. We have also undertaken a survey of our policy holders who feel that policy cards in this day and age are not necessary given the advent of mobile phones and modern technology. Whilst we advise to have your policy number to hand in the event of a breakdown, service will not be refused if you do not, as we are able to find your policy on other parameters such as your name, postcode or vehicle registration.
What is your average attendance time?
The process of accepting your call to one of our operatives attending you at the roadside is currently averaging 60 minutes.
Do your policies cover me or the vehicle?
We are able to offer a policy on either basis, whichever suits you best. This means if the vehicle is covered, then no matter who is driving they are able to call upon the policy. Alternatively we can cover you as an individual for any vehicle you are travelling in, subject to the vehicle being 15 years of age or less.
If I purchase a policy can I call you for assistance straight away?
Unfortunately not. Our policies carry a 46 hour inception period, which means that for the first 46 hours from when your policy commences, you will not be able to call upon our service. Please note that in the event you change your vehicle during the course of your policy the 46 hour inception period will reapply from when the change takes effect.
Are your prices for the year or per month?
All of the policies we offer are annual, 12 month, policies.
What types of vehicle do you cover?
We are able to cover any vehicle for any kind of use, however our online system only allows the purchase of policies for cars, vans and motorcycles. If you require a quotation or cover for any other type of vehicle please contact us on this number choosing option 2 for a quotation 01945 465508.
What is the maximum age of vehicle covered?
For our Economy and Full UK policies there are no restriction on the maximum age of vehicle. With our Full UK & EU cover, and with this covering you in Europe, the maximum permissible age of vehicle is 10 years.
How many callouts am I allowed?
You are entitled to an unlimited number of callouts during the term of your policy.
Do you cover flat tyres?
All of our cover levels cover you in the event of having a flat, blown or punctured tyre. If you have an accessible and serviceable spare wheel, along with any locking wheel nut key where applicable, an agent shall attend and change the wheel for you. Should you not have any of the above, we can source a mobile tyre fitter whose callout charge is covered by your policy, but any tyre(s) or parts required are to be paid by yourself at the roadside or home address.
Is my caravan or trailer covered?
If you are towing a caravan or trailer at the point with which the vehicle covered breaks down, and the caravan or trailer is within the permitted dimensions (max length: 7 metres, max width: 2.44 metres, max weight: 3.5 tonnes), the caravan or trailer shall be recovered along with the vehicle if this is required. If, however, the caravan or trailer develops a fault and breaks down where there is no issue with the towing vehicle that is covered on the policy, then no attendance shall be granted.
Am I covered for lost, damaged or stolen keys?
Yes. Our policies as standard cover the loss, damage or theft of keys. This then covers the loss, damage or theft of keys, meaning that should you be unable to gain access to the vehicle, or start the vehicle, we shall recover the vehicle to a suitable place of repair.
What happens if I put the wrong fuel in my vehicle?
Should you misfuel, or run out of fuel in your vehicle, our policies as standard will provide assistance. This assistance occurs a £50.00 excess to be payable however you will be attended by a specialist to drain the incorrect fuel type from the vehicle, flush the system and provide you with £20.00 of the correct fuel type. Should this fail to mobilise the vehicle you will be recovered to the nearest garage able to affect a repair.
Do you cover the cost of replacement parts?
The assistance you are entitled to within your policy is for up to 1 hour of roadside assistance, or at the home address, where applicable. The cost of any replacement parts, oils or lubricants that are required in the repair of the vehicle by either the attending agent, or subsequent garage where required, is at your own cost. However we do offer an additional parts and labour cover which can reimburse you the cost of fixing your vehicle after a breakdown.
How does overnight accommodation, hire car and onward travel work?
In the event your vehicle is recovered to a garage, and they are not able to repair the vehicle the same working day, we will offer either overnight accommodation, onward travel or replacement hire car. These are on a reimbursement basis, meaning that they are to be initially paid for by you, with receipt and invoices provided to us at a later date for reimbursement. We do not operate a pre paid card service of payment for these on your behalf. Forfurther details of the limits, and conditions of each of the options, please refer to the appropriate policy wording.
What European countries are covered in your Full UK & EU policy?
We provide cover in Andorra, Austria, Belgium ,Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.
Can I upgrade from Full UK to Full UK & EU cover?
You sure can. In order to upgrade your policy from Full UK to Full UK & EU, so that you are covered in Europe, please call us on 01945 425205.
Do I need to advise you of my European travel dates?
If you are travelling to Europe you need to notify us at least 48 hours before you leave as to your travel dates and the countries you will be visiting. Failure to do so may mean that attendance is refused in the event of a breakdown.
How do I change my details on my policy?
For any changes relating to your policy, including change of name, vehicle and address, please click here.
Does it cost to make changes to my policy?
If you change your vehicle, name or address on your policy, there will be a £5.00 administration charge for each change which is payable online when you process the change. If you add a vehicle to your policy, or change your policy level, there will be additional costs involved which you will be made aware of at the time of enquiring about the change.
What happens when I change my vehicle?
When you process a request online to change your vehicle you will be sent revised documentation reflecting this shortly thereafter. The 46 hour inception period also applies when you change a vehicle on your policy, meaning you have to wait at least 46 hours from when you make the change to being able to call upon our service with regard to the new vehicle.
Will you notify me when my policy is due for renewal?
Yes. We will email you approximately 4 weeks before your renewal is due to inform you of the price we can offer for the forthcoming year.
Will you automatically renew my policy?
Where possible we look to automatically renew policies in line with the terms and conditions we advise at the point of purchasing the policy initially. If you are unsure as to whether we will look to automatically renew your policy, please call our team on 01945 425 205 who will advise you accordingly.
If I do not wish for my policy to automatically renew how do I stop this?
Simply call us on 01945 425 205 where we will happily remove this. We will email you approximately 4 weeks before your renewal is due to inform you of the price we can offer for the forthcoming year.
If my card details have changed from last year how do I inform you?
If you wish to update the card details we hold on file, please call us on 01945 425 205 where we can update them and ensure continuous cover.
What if my details have changed or I wish to adjust my renewal?
Our team of dedicated staff can happily assist you with this. Just call them on 01945 425 2052.
Will a 46 hour inception period apply if I renew my policy?
No. As your policy will be a renewal, this runs on continuously from your previous cover, thus ensuring seamless cover in the event of a breakdown.
My policy last year had additional options included. Will these be included in my renewal?
Yes. Any additional options you chose when you bought the policy will be included in the renewal quotation provided, ensuring peace of mind with like for like cover. The renewal quotation highlights this and breaks down the final figure accordingly.
What happens if I am involved in a road accident?
Road accidents (or RTC's) are not covered within our policies. Assitance can be offered hoever via our claims handler, Emergency Assist Ltd, by calling 0330 660 0109.
What happens if my vehicle is stolen or vandalised?
Unfortunately we are unable to assist. Please call your insurance company.
I need to make a claim for reimbursement. What do I do?
If you need to make a claim for reimbursement of costs for overnight accommodation, hire car or onward travel, please email your request, along with receipts and invoices, to [email protected]


What are your opening hours?
All deparments are open Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm. On Saturdays and Bank holidays our renewals and sales departments are open 9am - 1pm, administration is open 9am-3pm. All departments are closed on a Sunday.
Will I be charged a premium for calling you?
No. All of our telephone numbers are local numbers, not premium, so you will be charged for a normal national rate call from your provider.
Where are you located?
We are based in Wisbech, Cambridgeshire. If you wish to return any documentation by post our address is:

2Gether Insurance Ltd
Exchange Square
PE13 1RA


I wish to make a complaint?
For details about our complaint procedure and how to make a complaint, please click here.
Terms of business
To view our terms of business, please click here.
Fair processing notice
To view our fair processing notice, please click here.