Car, Van &Commercial VehicleInsurance
Competitive Insurance From Insurance Specialists
With a leading panel of Insurers it makes sense to see what 2Gether can offer
Due to our specialism in niche or abstract vehicles, a lot of people do not realise we also provide high quality, competitive car, van and commercial vehicle insurance. The good news is that we do and our specialist knowledge extends to these vehicles as well.
With insurance premiums seemingly forever on the increase why not try 2Gether to see how much you could save.
With over a decade of experience arranging insurance policies for all types of vehicle, you can trust our expertise and knowledge to find you a tailored insurance policy, that is also friendly towards your pocket.
When No Claims Bonus Is Required & Can Be Protected
If your vehicle is your main mode of transport for travelling to work in, going to the shops etc, then as you would expect the greater your No Claims Bonus is, the cheaper the insurance.
In addition, if you have at least 4 years No Claim Bonus, you are are to protect this for a small additional premium, usually around 10% extra. This affords you the peace of mind, that if the worst were to happen and you make a claim on your insurance, the number of years No Claims Bonus you have is not reduced. This is because normally, without No Claims Bonus protection, in the event of a claim your bonus is reduced by two years, or even wiped out entirely if you are unfortunate enough to be involved in two or more incidents during the term of your insurance policy.
Protecting your bonus will ensure that your discount will not be effected, however as always there are conditions, typically as long as you have no more than 2 claims within a 3 year period.
However, No Claims Bonus Isn't Always Required....
Unlike the above scenario, if your vehicle is a secondary vehicle to you or used primarily for social or recreational activity, typically No claims Bonus is not required or taken into consideration. This is because in this situation the annual mileage of the vehicle is typically lower and may only be used once or twice a week at the most. Consequently, Insurers understand that your No Claims Bonus discount can only be used on one insurance policy at a time, so for the majority who are using their bonus on their main or regular vehicle, seems unfair to penalise and charge higher insurance premiums. This is also how classic car insurance works.
No matter which of the above applies to you, 2Gether have the experience and Insurers ready and waiting to assist, and hopefully save you some money as well.
Social, Domestic & Pleasure Only (SDP)
- With this type of cover, the vehicle can be used by the policyholder and named drivers for non-work-related driving only. This is also known as social, domestic and pleasure use only.
- This usage is typically opted for by policyholders who only use their vehicle for normal day-to-day driving, such as driving to visit family and friends or shopping.
Social , Domestic, Pleasure & Commuting (SDP&C)
- This extends Social, Domestic & Pleasure Only cover to allow the policyholder and named drivers to commute to one, permanent, fixed place of work.
- Bear in mind that commuting just part of the way to work is still classed as commuting. So for example, if you commute part way to a train station, to then catch a train the rest of the way to work, this is still classed as commuting.
- If you have any questions around this please speak to an advisor at the time you obtain a quotation
Business Use - Class 1
- If your job entails travelling to more than one permanent place of work, you will need Class 1 Business Use on your policy.
- Class 1 Business Use does not permit commercial use, such as deliveries or courier use, or door to door selling.
- Usually your Spouse, if named on the policy, will also be covered for this usage, but no other driver, even if they are named on the policy.
Business Use - Class 2
- Class 2 Business Use is very similar to Class 1 Business Use. It does, however, also permit an additional named driver, to that of the policyholder and Spouse where applicable, to use the vehicle for travelling to more than one location in conjunction with their job.
- Unhelpfully, these terms can vary from Insurer to Insurer, so it's best to ask an advisor when obtaining a quotation.
- This is an extension of Class 2 Business Use in that it allows the carriage of goods but not for delivery. An example of this may be a travelling salesperson who has samples or demonstrators to show potential clients.
- Anything not covered by a category above will typically come under Commerical usage and insurance.
- Examples of this can be courier or delivery use, taxi, driving instructor or hiring your vehicle out.
Business Use - Class 3
With the cost of insurance and the average excess increasing year after year, now is the perfect time to consider Excess Protection, and how it can benefit you.
The average excess on a motor vehicle policy in the UK is £350.00 and is often an unaccounted cost and can come as a shock in an already stressful situation. 2Gether Excess Protection removes the stress by reimbursing you your excess once your claim is settled.
What's more, with our Excess Protection starting from as little as £14.86, you can increase your voluntary excess on your insurance, saving you money, safe in the knowledge you will not have any nasty surprise.
Key Care is an optional extra that can be added on to your insurance.
It covers against the loss, damage, theft or breakage of your keys, along with the cost re-programming replacement keys where necessary
Some of the main benefits include:
- No payable excess
- Any claim made does not effect the insurance policy your Key Care was taken alongside
- Annual claim limit of £1500
Just mention to one of our advisors when obtaining a quote that your are interested in Key Care cover to find out more.